Join us as a doctoral student ? Starting from October or April (two times per year).
Are you interested in doing doctoral studies in the science/engineering of particles (nanoparticles, micron-particles, aerosols), as well as their related transport phenomena and phase-tranfers ?
Basic research: Nanometer- and sub-micrometer-sized particles: Synthesis, Measurement, Transport and Assembly
Applications: Material synthesis and processing for energy-related system, plants/food system, chemical-sensor for agriculture, medical-related materials, models for simulating atmospheric phenomena (global warming and climate change, etc.)
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact us along with Resume, as well as Research Statement.
In this group, Japanese language ability is not “must”. All documents (seminar-handout, abstracts, e-mails) are written in English and all students in our group can speak/write in English. Contact us: LABWL @ cc.tuat.ac.jp
A doctoral student can finish the course (with a degree) shorter than 3 years, if the “necessary condition” (publication numbers, etc.) is satisfied. The graduation months are March, June, September, December (four times in a year)
NOTE: Because a number of candidates (from TUAT Dept. of Chemical Engineering, etc.) applied for the entrance exam, right now our group may has no potential to welcome more a Master’s course student.
⇒⇒ Our lab’s current members
⇒⇒ A list of Doctoral Thesis, 博士論文 from our group (started from 2007).
10月または4月入学の博士課程後期学生を募集しています．.. 微粒子工学の基礎（合成、計測、輸送と固定化）.. 電池用等の材料合成方法.. 植物／環境関係技術のための材料プロセッシング（化学センサー、植物育成システム）などに興味ある方いましたら、ご連絡ください ( LABWL ‘@’ cc.tuat.ac.jp ）。経済支援（学費免除・リサーチアシスタント）についての相談にものります。学外の学生さんは、インターネット経由で、研究室内のセミナーに参加することができます。社会人博士の方も3名（2008～2018）が入学しました。
For undergraduate students: Japanese language is MUST
Without a master degree, if the candidate can pass the preliminary qualification examination, he/she can enter the doctoral course and may also finish it within three years.
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT) at a glance
– A long history that extends back more than 140 years to its inception.
– A unique institution: focuses on education and research in the academic fields that support agriculture and engineering, the core of the industrial base — considering the global-scale issues facing the world today (such as environmental degradation, energy problems, global warming and related abnormal weather patterns, and food supply problems due to explosive population growth)
* A research university * One of national universities in Japan
* 4200+ undergraduates, 1800+ graduate students (including 400+ international students).
* 400+ full-time faculty members (and 370+ part-time members).
* Every year, 140+ Doctoral graduates.
* Ranked #1st in terms of its ability to disseminate research findings
* Ranked #5th in its ability to form industry-academia partnerships
* Ranked #5th in its overall research capabilities (2004 by Nikkei; Study of the research capabilities of the engineering schools).
* Ranked #1st, Paper Citation Index (field of engineering, by Asahi Newspaper/University Ranking 2007 and ISI, Web-of-Science)
Our campus is located on Koganei City (Tokyo), which is home of School of Engineering. The campus is 20 minutes by a local-train (Chuo-sen) from Shinjuku* and 35 minutes from Tokyo (central) station.