Total of our lab’s area is around 169 square meters (including students’ room)
“We always try to design and fabricate a novel device”
Our developed technologies: Products
The following are some instruments which are available in our group, Department, or campus/university (of course, including some shared devices)
Measuring Aerosols (particles suspended in the gas phase)
- , 気中に浮遊する粒子の計測
- Aerosol particle generators: from Nanometer to Micrometer
- Particle Counter: From nanometer to micrometer in the gas phase
- Aerosol Sizing system: For size distribution of few nano- to micro-meter particles in the gas phase.
For liquid-phase nanoparticles
- Nanopore Platform, Scanning Ion Occlusion Sensing Method: Measurement of size distribution, concentration, surface charge | izon.com
High-precision trace-element analysis
- , 組成分析装置
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer ICP-MS
- Micro CHN (Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen) elemental analyzer
- Gas Chromatography (may be need revision)
- , 数値シミュレーション
- FEM based multi-physics COMSOL From fluid flow/heat transfer to structural mechanics and electromagnetic analyses @youtube.
- , 計算機
- Workstation/ RAM: 32 GB; HD = 1 TB; CPU : Intel ® Xeon® Processor X5690（3.46 GHz, 6 core) >> More
For sample preparation (before SEM, etc.)
- , 材料の前処理用
- Cross section polisher: For samples too sensitive for mechanical polishing. For soft, hard, and composite samples
- Osmium coater (Neoc-STB), （電子顕微鏡試料作製装置）
For plant growth
- , 植物の実験用装置
- Phytotron (2 x 2 x 2 m) (a completely closed greenhouse that can be used for study of environmental conditions on plant growth) in Fuchu campus. 6 units. Admin: Izuta Lab.
Heating-related system. 加熱装置
- Commercial-made heating system (microwave)
- Commercial-made heating system (electric furnace)
- Commercial-made Infra-Red Heating system, 遠赤外線ヒーター
- Lab-made heating system (tubular, electric furnaces)
- X-ray diffractometer (XRD) with heating system
- Thermo Gravimetry/Differential Thermal Analyzer (TG-DTA, by Kamiya Lab)
- Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope, with heating system (by Kamiya Lab)
For surface measurement
- Non-contacting type Electrostatic voltmeters – Measuring surface potential (voltage) on materials. Trek model 323: www.trekj.com/products/evs/323.html
- Micro-Raman spectrometer (Almega)
- Dektak surface profilometer (XT-S), 触針式表面形状測定器（段差計）
- Fluorescent microscope (Based on OLYMPUS BX53)
- 6M pixel, High speed (max. 60 pictures per second; and max. 1200 fps) 12 X optical zoom.
Lens: 9群12枚, F2.7(W)～F4.6(T), f=7.3~87.6 mm (or 35mm film 36~432mm) Macro: 5~50cm(W). Shutter speed: 60~1/40000 sec; Others: USB/AVポート, HDMI™、output(ミニ), ホットシュー, 外部マイク端子, 外部電源端子, USB：Hi-Speed USB. >>> Sample from Youtube
Energy-Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer : Emission of characteristic “secondary” (or fluorescent) X-rays from a material that has been excited by bombarding with high-energy X-rays or gamma rays. From Na to U.
JEOL JSX-3100RII, 蛍光X線分析装置, 液体窒素フリー, Si(Li) 半導体検出器
UV-Vis/NIR Microspectrophotometer, 顕微紫外可視近赤外分光光度計.
A microspectroscopy system providing transmittance or reflectance measurements of microscopic sample sites. Can measure color, film thickness, and other spectral properties of a microscopic area for either large or small samples. 250-2000 nm.
MSV-370 type microscope attached to ultraviolet-visible-near infrared spectrophotometer.,
Our main experimental room: BASE 202, Koganei campus